We’ve done our best to make the update compatible with the previous version of the plugin, but as the changes were so significant, there are some actions that you have to take to install the update.
Steps to update to 3.0
Backup the required settings of the plugin
- Go to CodeCanyonand sign in with the account you’ve used to purchase the InstaShow plugin.
- Download the latest version of the plugin at https://codecanyon.net/downloads (Installable WordPress file only).
- Uninstall the current version you’re using. Don’t be afraid to remove the older versions – your widgets will be stored in your website’s database.
- Install the update to your WordPress website.
- After you install InstaShow 3.0 the widgets created with the previous versions will be available for editing and fully compatible with the new update. However, as we’ve removed some of the settings, a minor settings adjustment might be required. Please, check your widgets carefully after the update.
We’ve tried to make this process as easy for you as possible, but sometimes things just happen. So should anything go wrong or in case you have any questions, contact our Support Team right away. You can open a ticket at https://help.elfsight.com/