A short manual on plugin adding on ModX
A concise manual for those acquainted with the admin panel and able to introduce small changes to website HTML code.
- Build a plugin using the editor;
- Pick an appropriate tariff plan (from free to premium);
- Obtain the plugin code;
- Open the admin panel of your ModX site;
- Go to a chosen page if there’s a need to embed the plugin on a single page, for example, the main page. If you want the plugin on the footer, header, sidebar, or some other element, then find a related template. Insert the installation code there;
- Apply the changes and check the results!
To have more info on each of the stages, with thorough descriptions and screenshots, please see the text below. You can also get in touch with support team and have free help with plugin installation (available for all Elfsight users).
An extensive guideline on plugin embedding on a ModX website
A full manual for each phase
Step 1: Generate and adjust a plugin
The 1st stage – set the interface and functions.
Make a necessary plugin
Choose a tariff plan
There are different tariff plans from free to extensive. You can pick the one that suits you most.
Get your plugin code
Copy the plugin installation code that you has received at Elfsight Apps, to place it on the website.
Step 2: Integrate the plugin on a ModX website
The 2nd stage – insert the generated plugin into the code of your website page or template.
Open your administrator panel
Log into your site to enter the editor and bring the required code actions.
Enter the plugin embedding code
Go to the page, on which you wish to have the plugin or a related template and insert the plugin code received at Elfsight Apps. Save the change.
Congratulations! The plugin was added
How do I alter plugin parameters after the plugin integration?
Once you have done the installation, you can log into your account at Elfsight and adjust the design or style of the plugin. All the changes are at once administered automatically.