The article will describe you the tab, which role can be hardly overestimated as applied to the use of Yottie. This tab allows user to customize flexibly his content and to set YouTube sources, from which videos will be shown in his YouTube video gallery.
Our premium YouTube Channel Plugin Yottie has plenty of adjustable parameters, which you can manually customize like you want. We thought that it might be useful for our customers and everyone else, if we describe in detail all settings tabs presented in our plugin so that then you can easily navigate through all settings and customize needed parameters. This is the first guide in the upcoming guides about Yottie tabs. It will describe you the tab, which role can be hardly overestimated as applied to the use of Yottie.
Set Desired Sources to StartSettings of our Yottie plugin include several tabs grouped under some functions. The very first tab is “Source”. It allows user to customize flexibly his content and to set YouTube sources, from which videos will be shown in his YouTube video gallery. YouTube plugin Yottie supports the following types of sources:
- channels – display videos, which are uploaded in selected channels
- playlists – show videos from a certain playlist
- videos – display single specific videos
Main Use Cases of Yottie “Source” TabLet’s view several major variants of adjusting “Source” tab, which you can easily implement on your website. Note that you can arrange cases listed below or think out your own approach to the “Source” tab.
1. Display Videos on The Website from Your YouTube ChannelThis is the simplest example of Yottie usage – just insert a link to your channel in the YouTube channel URL field. The plugin will show all videos, which you uploaded to your channel, and take an image, logo, channel name, its description and numerical characteristics (likes, dislikes, etc.). You can also set your own custom images of the channel, logo, name and description at will.
2. Display Videos from Different YouTube Sources in One GroupIf necessary, display videos on your website from different sources in one group by pressing “Add group” button. You have to insert links to all needed YouTube sources in appeared fields. Names of new groups are stated “Untitled” and videos are sorted by date (the recent videos are on top) by default.
Tip: If you have only one video group in the gallery, we recommend you to turn off group names. Go to the “Groups” tab and uncheck “Show groups” option.
3. Create Several Groups with Videos from Different YouTube SourcesOne group isn’t enough for you? You have several main themes? In this case, add the required number of groups, fill in their names and set sources, which you would like to use for each video group.
Tip: There are no any restrictions on the number of sources and groups theoretically. However, remember that more different sources in one group means more loading time of videos in your YouTube gallery.
Order OptionOur YouTube channel plugin has a video order option, which allows sorting videos by:
- Number of views
- Number of likes
- Number of dislikes
- Number of comments
- Position in a custom YouTube playlist
- Random order
Tip: “New to old” is the quickest way to sort video in our YouTube channel. Other order types slow down gallery’s functioning, as the plugin has to gather videos from all sources at first and then sort them.
Cache Time OptionYou can increase the speed of gallery’s functioning with the help of the cache time option. It specifies how often the plugin addresses to YouTube in order to update the content, for example, new videos, comments, the number of subscribers and other information.
Tip: If you don’t upload new videos very often in your YouTube channel and you don’t have holy wars in comments, then we recommend you to set Cache Time as 7 200 seconds.