A short manual on plugin embedding on SquareSpace
A concise guide for users who can deal with the administration panel and can introduce light changes to website HTML code.
- Construct your own plugin in the editor;
- Select your subscription plan (from free to unlimited);
- Gain a plugin installation code;
- Open the administrator panel of your SquareSpace site;
- Go to a required page if you need to embed the plugin on one page only, for instance, the main page. If you need to place the plugin on the footer, header, sidebar, or some other element, then go to a required template;
- Save the changes and see the results!
To get more info on each of the steps, as well as vast descriptions and screenshots, please check below. You can address support team and get free help with plugin adding (available for all Elfsight clients).
A detailed guide on plugin integration on a SquareSpace website
A comprehensive tutorial for every stage.
Step 1: Construct and set a widget
The 1st point – customize the look and functions of your widget.
Make a desired widget
Get your widget installation code
Copy the widget code, which you received at Elfsight Apps, for placing it on the website.
Step 2: Embed the widget on a Squarespace website
The second stage – place the generated widget into the code of your web page or template.
Enter your website administrator panel
Get authorized in your website to reach the editor and put the required code changes.
Paste the widget adding code
Open the page on which you wish to have the widget or a required template and paste the widget code that you copied at Elfsight Apps. Save the change.
Congratulations! Widget publishing was successful
How to adjust plugin settings after the plugin integration
Once you have done the installation, you can go to your account at Elfsight and personalize the design or interface of the plugin. All the alterations are at once administered automatically.