Create Popup widget
How to add Popup to a website
Create and launch a popup on a website in 5 minutes. Try different triggers to take people to the target actions. With the help of the widget you can hold promotions and collect feedback. Add absolutely any kinds of content to your popup: videos, images, coupons, fields, ratings, texts, and headings.
You can find tons of premade templates that will help you reach various goals. Here are examples of the main purposes you can create a popup for:
- Help you collect people’s emails. You can offer users to subscribe to your useful newsletter and get their addresses in exchange.
- Assist you in gathering feedback. It will qualify them by interests and can help you in finding out visitors’ preferences.
- Support you in collecting other information. The popup will advance UX and will lead people to personalized information. Are you from Amsterdam? If yes, lead users to the page with tulips.
- Tell everyone about updates. You can always make refreshments more notable and distinguished with the help of a popup. Just post the news in an unobtrusive manner and never leave your users uninformed.
- Give onboarding assistance. Let people click on specific buttons or elements, and show messages that will help them navigate through your website better.
Popups can be efficient in many other cases. For instance, it will help you increase the time people spend on your website and push them to the target action.
In addition, you don’t need to learn programming in case of using the Popup widget. This tool provides you with an opportunity to create a popup window with zero coding, for free, in an interactive visual editor. Everything you need to do is to manage the elements visually: change colors, sizes, fonts and whatsmore.
Here’s how to create a popup on a website:
- Select a template. There are 20+ professional and appealing models for you to choose from. What is more, there are some event-related popups which you can find on a Templates page.
- Create a popup. Use the templates which are totally customizable. Choose a color for the background and add any blocks you need. For example, there are text blocks, titles, spacings, coupons, buttons, images, videos, forms, links, separators, and even custom code blocks.
- Choose a layout and customize it. It can be a Modal, a Slide-in, or a Pane. You can change the width of your popup, alignment, paddings, and spacings visually – with zero coding. You can also add a reopen button, create a backdrop, and add or delete a close icon.
- Set up the widget’s behavior. Go to the Settings tab and make popup appear at the right time. Make it show up once or every time users open a page, every week or every day. Personalize triggers for your created popup: it can appear on load, after a certain time on page, on scroll, and on click.
While creating a popup with the help of a widget, there’s only your imagination that limits you. You should also keep in mind that the Popup widget by Elfsight is a cloud-based web tool, which means it is located on our servers. You can always turn back to it in Elfsight Apps and customize its settings. The changes will appear in your creed and published popup on a website right away.
After I have published the widget, how can I adjust its customization?
After embedding a popup, access your account at Elfsight Apps and apply new settings to your widget. Save the changes and they will get applied to the widget on your website.
Can I introduce custom styles to my widget?
Popup supports custom settings. You can set your style on your website, and it will be supported by the widget.
How can I paste the widget into my website template?
If there’s a need to demonstrate the widget on each page which holds a specific template, then create a pop-up, copy its code and add it into the layout applied.
Is your widget compatible with my website platform?
Popup is compatible with the majority of popular platforms. If you have any queries with installing pop up to your website or its customization, address our customer support. We will be glad to help you!