A concise guideline on plugin integration into a Squarespace website
A short guide for those, who are able to deal with the administration panel and can make small alterations to website HTML code.
- Build your own plugin in the editor;
- Pick a suitable tariff plan (from free to premium);
- Get your individual installation code;
- Open the admin panel of your Squarespace site;
- Find a desired page if you need to integrate the plugin on a single page, for instance, the main page. Should you need to place the plugin on the footer, header, sidebar, or some other element, then find a related template. Insert the installation code there;
- Apply the changes and see the results!
Check below for more information about each step of the guideline, with screenshots and thorough descriptions. Contact our customer support team to receive free help with embedding. It is available for all Elfsight clients.
A detailed guide on plugin adding to a Squarespace website
An extensive tutorial for every step of the instruction.
Step 1: Create and customize a plugin
The first stage – set the appearance and functions of your plugin.
Create your own custom plugin
Pick a service plan
We offer varied service plans, from free to extensive. You are free to get the one, which is the most suitable.
After you have chosen your plan, receive the plugin code
Copy the plugin code that you acquired at Elfsight Apps, for pasting it on the website.
Step 2: Publish the plugin on your Squarespace website
The second stage – insert the generated plugin into the code of your website page or template.
Reach your administrator panel
Authorize into the required site, go to the editor and apply the required code adjustments.
Paste the plugin embedding code into the website
Reach the page on which you plan to place the plugin or a required template and paste the plugin code that you copied at Elfsight Apps. Apply the change.
Done! The plugin was successfully added
How to change plugin settings after the installation?
After the installation, you can log into your account at Elfsight and adjust the parameters or interface of the plugin there. All the adjustments will be applied on your site automatically.