Let’s take a look at Views – a new crucial metric in your Elfsight Apps account, and find out how you can use it to your best advantage!
- So what exactly is views?
- How is the number of views calculated?
- Where do I find the detailed statistics on views?
- What happens if I subscribe to a plan that’s not enough for me?
- What happens if the views limit is exceeded before the refresh date?
- Are the users protected from hyped up views?
- What to do if your estimate is over 100 000 views?
- Are crawlers and other auxiliaries counted as a view?
So what exactly is views?
The number of views is the number of times an app loads on your website.In essence, it is the number of requests made to our server – the more requests there are, the greater server capability we need to maintain. The greater the server capabilities, the more resources we need to invest to offer you our cool and functional apps. This is why views are the defining factor in shaping subscription costs.
How is the number of views calculated?
Basically, this value depends on the number of visits to a page where a widget is installed. Each time someone visits the widget page at your website, the widget loads and this counts as one view.Depending on where you’ve placed your widget, you can get a different number of views for one website. There are two basic placement options, let’s consider each of them:
- You can place the widget on the homepage. In this case the number of your widget’s views will be roughly the same as the number of views of your homepage.
- You can place it into the footer or the header, and in this case the number of views will practically equal the total number of your website’s views.
Where do I find the detailed statistics on views?After you’ve successfully installed one of our apps to your website and got your first view, you will see a new tab in the app’s section of your Elfsight Apps dashboard. This new tab is called Statistics, and it features two sections:
- Views statistics. It’s a table that displays the list of all domains that had requested your server over the last 31 days. In case you have subscribed to several apps, the views for each app are listed separately.
- Estimate. This section features 2 values that have been calculated on the basis of your statistics for the last 31 days:
- Average daily views – the number of views you get in a day. Average daily views are calculated by dividing the total number of views by the number of days it took to collect it.
- Estimated number of required monthly views – this estimate shows the approximate number of views your widget will get over the next month. It is calculated by multiplying average daily views by 31 days.
After sufficient statistics data has been collected, you can use it to choose the most suitable subscription plan and to manage your existing subscriptions.For instance, if the estimated number of required monthly views is below 90% of your current plan’s views limit, it means that you’re good. If you see that it amounts to 90% or more, we recommend that you upgrade your plan.